Have a blast on my birthday!It was so much fun! And, I’m officially a nerd, because I wrote a post about my lesson learned…I’m such a dork! Take a breather when I need it.I ended up needing a lot of these. I had a back issue and well, couldn’t do much. But it was nice to be forced to slow down. Now I think I’m a bit more mentally prepared to get through the next few months. Read, read, read, and then read some more.So I finished reading One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell, and I actually then added Jackie Collins’ new Poor Little Bitch Girl to the list. I also re-read a ton of romance novels (it was February), and a couple sci-fi. I do want to read through some other new books in March, but it’s always so nice to return to a tried-and-true favorite. Work on my Wii Fit yoga and keep swimming.So, I stuck with the yoga until my back injury. I’m solidly swimming now, though we keep having pool closures at my gym. Hopefully March will be better. Talk to my brothers more often.AI actually think I did ok here. I would like to be better, but I did do some texting, chatting, and phone calls with the boys. I want to keep this one up as well.
On to March!
- Save a bit more money. I’ve been doing some automatic deposits over the last couple years, but things were so tight I kept dipping into my savings to keep going. I’ve got a little bit more there than usual, but I want to keep adding. I’m going to look into some better ways to get money there and keep it there.
- Figure out how to make an infographic resume. I don’t really have access to fancy design programs, but I might be able to make something work. I’m going to play around with it. While I don’t always consider myself a Creative the same way a web designer might, it seems like a nice option to have for when I want to volunteer on boards or put up on my Brazen Profile. If you have any tips, feel free to send them along.
- Plan weekly menus. I usually do this when I go grocery shopping, but I haven’t stuck with it as much as I would like. I want to get back to this routine, and it will also help with goal number 1 for saving money.
- Get the back issues under control. Over the last month, I’ve been trying to heal from inflammation of fluid in one of my vertebrae. I have good days and bad, but I can tell that when I try to go back to completely normal, I overdo it. I need to give myself the time to heal. There’s no reason for me to push myself only to never fully recover.
- Plan a trip to see my parents. Usually after March, the weather starts to get nice enough (we hope) that I can make the 8-hour drive to my parents. I’d like to get something on the calendar, plan ahead, and start the spring off relaxed. St. Louis may not be Mexico, but my mom makes pretty mean tacos.
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for February, along with your checked off January goals if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Come back to BrazenCareerist.com network and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list here in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!
Picture from clipart.